top of page


Get Answersfrom a Barrie Vehicle Accident Law Firm

Even if you do not retain our law firm, you can use this as an education tool.

What you want to know but are afraid to ask:

Should I sue?

If you have suffered a bad injury, you should strongly consider pursuing a lawsuit. Often a family doctor or treatment provider will tell you to do so. Whatever is going on, we will meet with you to take you through the early stages of the litigation process. For a case you are unsure about, we would be pleased to meet with you to consider the details. In most cases, you have two years to sue from the accident date. Keep this in mind when you believe that a lawsuit is the last but only option.

There are situations in which you sustain an injury (such as a rotator cuff tear or dashers knee) which progressively worsens over time.

Often our clients are concerned that their injuries will get worse. They have heard of other people who have had this happen. Medical research suggests that most accident victims have injuries that will get better over time; however a small percentage do not get better.

Whom do I sue?

We ensure that the right people are named as Defendants in your lawsuit. This is our responsibility.

In most cases, you have two years from the date of the accident to pursue your lawsuit.

What is the MIG?

The MIG is a short-form insurance expression for Minor Impairment Guidelines. Since September 1, 2010, every claimant has only $3,500 worth of treatment to them if their injuries are considered to be minor.

We have had good success in finding ways to get our clients out of ‘The MIG’.

Ask us how we can help you get more treatment.

Should I return to work?

Often our clients, despite their injuries, have to return to work to support their families. It seems unfair to many of our clients that they are being asked by their insurer’s to return to work early when the accident was caused through no fault of their own.

In this situation, we ask our clients to consult with their family doctor or treating surgeon. Whatever is mutually agreed upon, we will support through the conclusion of the litigation.

What type of treatment should I receive for my injuries?

The type of treatment you should receive depends upon your injuries and the advice of your treating healthcare professionals. Typically injured persons receive various types of treatment including, but not limited to, physiotherapy, massage therapy, chiropractic treatment, acupuncture, psychological treatment and counselling, rehabilitation therapy, occupational therapy and driver/passenger desensitization training.

If you are injured in a motor vehicle collision, your insurance company is obligated to pay for reasonable and necessary treatment through no-fault benefits. We will help you navigate through the confusing insurance documentation to ensure you get your treatment started in a timely fashion. Speak to our team of dedicated lawyers to find out your rights with regards to these Statutory Accident Benefits.

What is the value of my lawsuit?

At our law firm, we send you to the best experts available in each field. We pay for the cost of their services. These experts will meet with you and, after receiving your history and completing an examination of you, will render their medical opinions.

Their medical reports, once obtained, will determine the true value of your lawsuit.

From the moment we first meet with you, we will continue to evaluate your claim throughout the litigation process.


People We Have Helped

Free Initial Consultation

Contact a Lawyer in Barrie, Ontario & Area

For your convenience, we’re located just minutes from the County Courthouse. Call Littlejohn Barristers today at 905-372-9839 to find out how we can help you in your fight for justice. Our office is in Barrie, but our lawyers are proud to serve Midland, Collingwood, Orillia and surrounding Ontario areas.

bottom of page